Kerala reported the first cases of Coronavirus in India. Three students from China affected and recovered. After that several peoples were kept under observation both in houses and in hospitals, but non of them found ill. Last weekend another 5 more peoples are affected out of 3 are return from Italy and 2 are their relatives.
Kerala government is taking all precautionary measures to contain the spread of decease. Kerala has a very good track record of containing deadly Nipah virus in the recent past.
But it is warned, that some of the hub airports in middle east which has connectivity to Kerala now bring some travel restrictions. This may affect onward and outward journey.
Always keep an eye on Kerala governments update on Coronavirus.
Now just like any part of India, Kerala is on complete lock down. Only essential services are running right now. All international and domestic flights are on halt. No passenger train services, no public transport, no metro trains.
- Kerala reported three more Corona cases yesterday.
- No additional travel restrictions imposed.
These are the recent update from Ministry of Health and Family welfare India.
- All existing visas, except diplomatic, official, UN/International organizations, project, stand suspended until April – 15th. This will come effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure.
- Visa free travel facilities granted to OCI card holders kept abeyance till April 15th. This will come effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure.
- All Incoming travelers including Indian nationals arriving from or having visited in China, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea, France, Spain and Germany after 15th February shall be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days. This will come effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure.
- Incoming travelers including Indian nationals can be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days on their arrival in India.
- International traffic through land boarders will be restricted to designated check posts with robust screening facility.
Also India govt suspended Visa On Arrival (VoA) issued on or before March 3rd from selected countries including China, Iran, Italy, South Korea and Japan.