Govt. of India introduced e-Tourist Visa or Visa On Arrival system back in 2014 for Nationals of 43 countries and is now extended to more than 180 countries. e-Tourist visa is available through online application only no facilitation is required by an external agency / intermediately.
The sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives etc and no other purpose/activity allowed in e-Tourist visa. The visa application will be processed within 24 hours once it is submitted, but peoples have expressed that some of them received this within 8 to 9 hours. The approval letter will be mailed in the email address provided along with application, the applicant need to take a print out and carry with you. This printout need to be shown in the arriving airports along with your passport and get your actual visa stamped on the passport. The visa fee is varying from $0 to $60 based on the passport of the country your are holding, please see it here. Validity of visa is 30 days from the arrival and e-Tourist Visa is allowed for a maximum 2 visits in a calendar year. The applicant need to apply for the e-tourist visa minimum of 4 days in advance of the arrival. The applicant has to reach India within 30 days from the date of application, if it is approved.
The applicants can enter to India through any of the 16 designated airports below
Ahmedabad (Gujarath), Amritsar (Punjab), Bengaluru(Karnataka), Chennai(Tamilnadu), Cochin(Kerala), Delhi, Gaya(Bihar), Goa, Hyderabad(Andhrapradesh), Jaipur(Rajasthan), Kolkata(West Bengal), Lucknow(Uther Pradesh), Mumbai(Maharashtra), Tiruchirapalli(Tamilnadu), Trivandrum(Kerala) & Varanasi(Utherpradesh).
National from the following countries can now avail this facility.
- North America
- Canada, Greenland, Mexico and United States.
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama , Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago and Turks and Caicos.
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic , Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany , Greece, Hungary , Iceland (Island), Republic of Ireland , Latvia , Liechtenstein, Lithuania , Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands , Norway , Poland , Portugal, Romania , Russia , San Marino, Serbia , Slovakia, Slovenia , Spain , Sweden , Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Vatican City.
- Botswana, Cape Verde, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Senegal, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Armenia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor ,Israel, Palestine, Japan , Jordan , Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar , Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Republic of Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand , United Arab Emirates, Vietnam.
Payment related issues of e-tourist visa India
Many applicants have reported difficulties during payment of Visa fee. This may be related with payment gateways or the applicants Credit card company deny international transactions. So experienced applicants urged everyone else applying for visa to do the following things.
- Time of processing is important, process your payment during night time in India when the payment gateways are relatively relieved.
- Inform your credit card company regarding the international transaction before trying the payment.
- Use latest version of browser and use a good internet connection.
- User can save the completed application and try the payment maximum of 3 times after that they need to prepare a fresh application.
- The Visa payment status updation may take up to 2 hours in some cases, so please wait at least 2 hours before you retry.
Please visit this link to apply e-Toursit Visa https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html